ADVERTISEMENT

Pokes Recruiting 2020 OG Jake Renfro

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming is extending initial early offers to a number of 2020 prospects and are evaluating New Lenox (Ill.) Providence Catholic offensive guard Jake Renfro. The 6-foot-3 and 295 pound interior lineman has 13 current offers to-date.

Renfro's offers include Air Force, Cincinnati, Temple, and Toledo, along with a number of MAC schools and recent interest from Northwestern, West Virginia, Kansas State, and Purdue.

The 2020 prospect is a hard nosed lineman playing relentless down in the trenches and looks to be the prototypical prospect UW football likes at the position.

"I'm talking with the Wyoming coaches and hope they come into my school for a visit this spring," said Renfro. "I just visited Purdue and have no other visits planned at this point."

Renfro's dad (Richard Renfro) played in the Big Ten for Illinois back in the eighties and has been an important mentor for him.

"He told me to make a smart decision and do it only for me. Stay focused and not to do anything stupid," Renfro said. "I stay focused on becoming a better football player and continue to do well academically."

Wyoming has yet to offer Renfro, while it's a good bet one likely gets extended his way as the recruiting process moves forward and the UW staff continues to evaluate.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/pokes-recruiting-og-renfro

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News