ADVERTISEMENT

"Playing Efficiently..."

Raydio

Rough Rider
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
...just watched the Monday presser, and I was a bit surprised regarding Bohl's demeanor--he seemed unconcerned, as if this is seemingly a temporary thing that will correct itself. A slump. Perhaps so. But check out this exchange on whether changes need to be made with some players to try to spark things....

"...Well, when you look at "sparking" an offense, I think the best thing you can do is just operate a little bit more efficiently. We're always looking at different personnel combinations, but we feel like Tyler is the quarterback we need to continue to move forward with. We're certainly looking at different combinations with receivers; it certainly has helped to get Austin Fort back, but I don't think he's 100 percent yet with his leg, but he was a weapon--hopefully he'll come around. We have had a little bit of lack of continuity in the offensive line-losing K.J. last week hurt, but some of that's football. This week's going to test us, but we've got a lot of season left, and I think we cannot abandon what we're doing, but we've gotta certainly fine tune that..."

Whistling past the graveyard.....We're the worst offense in the conference and #126 of 129 in the country, and the solution appears to be "operate more efficiently." From that answer I take it that the solution is to have everyone healthy, the right personnel (receivers?) on the field in a given situation, and have some continuity in the O-line while understanding injuries are part of the game...

In a previous question, he mentioned something about opening up the playbook (hmmm, ok--so it turns out it was closed), but the good news is what will happen when we operate efficiently and fine tune some things. I don't know what that all entails, but it sounds really good and it alleviates some of my concerns about Wyo being a 19.5 underdog vs. Fresno St this weekend...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News