ADVERTISEMENT

Oakley (Cali.) Wide Receiver Visits UW, Home Visit

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming looking to add some game breakers to the wide receiver group, zeroed in on Freedom High School(Oakley, Cali.) prospect Mekely Ealy at 6-foot-2 and 180 pounds.

Ealy visited Laramie on the weekend of Nov. 3rd and also received an in-home visit from UW assistant Gordie Haug on Sunday.

The 2019 prospect has offers from Wyoming, UTEP, and Northern Arizona, while he paid an extended unofficial to Illinois earlier in the year and USC this summer.

The Cowboys offered Ealy on Aug. 1st after he received some contact from the likes of Oregon State, Notre Dame, UCLA, California, along with UW and the Illini. He made multiple rounds and attended camps at Oregon and Washington this summer.

“The first thing I have to look at is academics,” Ealy said to OrangeandBlueNews.com. “Then I look at the culture throughout the campus and what the personalities of the people that go to the school are like. I need to have a good relationship with the people there and feel at home.”

Ealy was the Wide Receiver MVP at The Opening Bay Area back in the spring and shows his big play capability by averaging over 20 yards per reception for the Freedom Falcons.

The playmaking wideout looks in good standing academically and wants to commit in the early signing period set for later December.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/oakley-cali-wide-receiver-visits-uw-receives-home-visit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News