ADVERTISEMENT

Men's BB Recruiting - Class of 2022

NowherePoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
May 8, 2004
Now that we are starting to get a clearer picture of the returning roster, I thought it would be a good time to look at our needs, known targets, etc. for the 2022 class.

Current Status:

Current Scholarship players with remaining eligibility:

Hunter Thompson (RSr.) - Covid Year available if he wants it
Hunter Maldonado (RSr.) - Covid Year available if he wants it
Kenny Foster (Jr.) - Expected to receive a Medical RS and have 3 years remaining
Jeremiah Oden (So.) - 3 years left
Graham Ike (So.) - 3 years left
Xavier Dusell (So.) - 3 years left
Brendan Wenzel (RSo.) - 3 years left
Noah Reynolds (Fr.) - 3 years left (no COVID year)
Ben Bowen(Fr.) - Redshirted, 4 years left
Nate Barnhart (Fr.) - Redshirted, 4 years left

Known Commits:

Caden Powell - 6'10 Center - HS Recruit from Texas

That gives the staff two open scholarships currently, with likely more expected to open.

Recruiting Needs:

Even if Maldo comes back (I do not expect him to, but that would be great), our top priority is clearly guards. Specifically ball handling and dribble penetration. We have to get more dynamic on the perimeter. Secondary need is frontcourt depth, especially if HT moves on as that will leave us very thin in the post (literally after Ike).

Known Targets:

1. Jefferson Monegro (PG) - 6'4" 185 (Offered) - Pokes have offered this PG out of Canada. I think he might be a high priority target for the staff.
2. Tavionte Jackson (PG) - 6'0" (Offered) - Pokes have offered this PG from Las Vegas. Offers from Pacific and Dixie State. Put up some huge scoring numbers in HS.
3. Bobi Klintman (PF) - 6'9" (Offered) - A Swedish big man from Sunrise Christian (same prep school as Jeremiah Oden). Talented player with some big offers. De-committed from Maryland after a coaching change. Offers from UNM, UCF, ASU, Utah, etc. Unlikely he lands in Laramie.
4. Luke Northweather (C) - 6'9" (Offered) - Pokes offered last June, so not sure if this is still a valid offer. It is likely that Caden Powell took that spot. However, if HT does move on in addition to Eoin Nelson, the Pokes will have another front court spot open. Seems to have pretty modest recruiting interest, but that could be that he just doesn't advertise his offers as well. Won the Gatorade Player of the Year in Missouri averaged 29 and 11 per game.

Other Targets:

I will add to this list as it comes up, but expect the staff to look hard at transfer guards. The portal season is in full swing with over 530 names already in the portal (expect it to top 1000 easily)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News