ADVERTISEMENT

Looked at the game again....

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
Because I couldn't believe how bad it was the first time I looked at it....

Looking at again, it was that bad and worse. Our OL looked like they had never played a game before together, if they had a name on their jersey, it would have said, "Welcome Mat"... Their defensive guys were in our backfield more than our own RB's were. Our offensive guys looked like they had never seen pressure before.....whatever our coaches told our players was wrong, and everything our offensive players heard was wrong. Meaning there had to be a big disconnect between our coaches and players OR the coaches really misjudged what they thought Boise State was going to do.

Our defense looked small, slow and out of position all night....and that was the good part. It got worse when you looked at the tackling. Not to pick on Wyatt Ekeler, as everyone on Wyoming's defense played like this, but this was just a really good example of how our defense played all day. I saw one play early on where Wyatt literally got bowled over onto his backside early in the game by one of their RB's. The only thing that Ekeler did was allow their RB a spot to clean his shoes off as he was running over him.

It was obvious that Boise State did not fear or respect this Wyoming team.

Every coach on this team has to look at themselves and ask themselves, what did I do wrong? That was a total team beatdown, there literally was not a part of the team that played well. Ultimately it was a CEO that failed to get his coaches to prepare the team properly.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News