ADVERTISEMENT

Kwane Marble Commits To Wyoming Basketball

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Denver East prospect Kwane Marble II checked out Laramie for a second time in three months and this time around it was his official visit. The 6-foot-5 and 194 pound multiple position player visited UW this weekend during Saturday's football gameday.

Marble said he is now down between Wyoming and Washington State for the programs he plans to ink with in the early signing period. He plans a trip to Pullman (Wash.) in the next couple of weeks to look at Wazzu. Claiming offers from Colorado, Arkansas-Little Rock and Northern Colorado.

The decision between the Pokes and Cougars will likely come down to where Marble feels most comfortable and Cowboy basketball looks in a good spot for the Denver area star.

"Who I feel most comfortable with as a coaching staff. I don't want to be bumping heads with coaches and I want a good relationship with the coaches," said Marble. "I plan to commit in the next couple of weeks and sign early."

Regarding his visit to Laramie, the upgrades to the Arena-Auditorium and the addition of the new HAPC on campus, looks to be paying dividends for the school from Marble's perspective.

"I liked it. Enjoyed seeing the attention the athletes get from the fans, the campus feeling, the perks the athletes receive in the (HAPC), the cafeteria for the athletes, the high altitude training chamber, and the basketball arena. Really all of it," he said. "Everything I need to work within a D1 school."

The 2019 prospect looks to possess the makeup needed for UW head coach Allen Edwards system and type of player he is recruiting, A long, rangy athlete with skills to play all the positions.

"The coach said they want guys to who can play all positions. They said they played a 6-9 guy bringing up the ball," Marble said. "They like my ability to defend bigger guards and my ability to attack the rim through traffic and picks, and hit the jumper. I say I play with energy, always clapping and supporting my teammates."

Marble plays the 1, 2, and 3 positions in high school for Denver East, along with the AAU Colorado Hawks in the summer. He was teammates on the Hawks with another Pokes 2019 hoop prospect in Kenny Foster who visited Laramie earlier in the month.

Marble plays for legendary Colorado high school coach Rudy Carey at East in the state's highest classification of 5A and was teammates with current CU Buffaloes freshman Daylen Kountz last season for the Angels. Kountz was considered the top player and prospect in the state in 2017-18.

The current high school senior averaged 16.6 points, 4.6 assists, 4.9 rebounds, and 3.3 steals per game during his junior campaign last season.

Marble said he was on a visit with another Cowboy prospect last weekend in what he believes was Sheridan College forward Camron Reece.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/kwane-marble-ii-checks-out-uw-cowboy-basketball

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News