ADVERTISEMENT

Just my opinion

wyopoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2002
With a returning roster next year that will include big men Herndon, Naughton, Dayton, Moemeka and Barnes I don't see the Cowboys making a move for a big man, particularly if they remain focused on Thompson.

Consider next year
Moemeka RS freshman
Naughton sophomore
Herndon junior
Dalton junior
Barnes junior or redshirt
Mueller freshman or redshirt

So all six of those would also return for the 2017-18 season when Thompson would be a freshman. That would be seven potential big men. To add another big man to that group for 2017-18 team is not realistic.

Also, Dalton already has shown a step forward. Herndon to me is good and get better, and as Naughton and Moemeka and Barnes expand playing time Herndon will be a truer forward.
I like Herndon and what he can do, particularly as help comes inside and he can pull a big man away from the basket to guard him.
We have seen players steadily improve during their time at Wyoming. Why evaluate the current players in a frozen picture and not see progress for next year?

I mean, two years ago, did anyone envision what Adams is today? A year ago, who would have pounded their first on the table and pronounced McManamen emerging like he has this year?

I read people say these players aren't young anymore. They are at the end of a season. But let's remember the players they are playing are gaining just as much experience this year. Next year is where the difference will be seen.

Recent teams:

Colorado State 6 players more than 15 minutes:
Seniors Joe DeCiman (32 minutes), Tiel Daniels (28 minutes), Antwan Scot (28 minutes)
Juniors: John Gillon (32 minutes), Emanuel Omogbo (26 minutes)
Freshman: Prentis Nixon (26 minutes, 1-for-9 from field, 3 points total).
And consider not only with three three seniors graduate, but Gillon will have his degree at the end of the semester so he could follow Octeus and transfer. Omogdo, in light of the loss of his parents, nice and nephew in the house fire in the DC area, could well decide to be closer to home.

Fresno State 6 players more than 15 minutes
Seniors Marvelle Harris (39 minutes), Cezar Guerrero (26 minutes), Julian Lewis (23 minutes)
Juniors Cullen Russo (34 minutes), Jahmel Taylor (18 minutes)
Freshman: Sam Bittner (33 minutes)

Boise State 6 players more than 15 minutes
Seniors Mike Thompson (34 minutes), Montigo Alford (26 minutes), Lonnie Jackson (31 minutes) Anthony Drmic (24 minutes)
Juniors: Nick Duncan (22 Minutes), James Webb (21 minutes).
The four seniors are all redshirt seniors, meaning they are in their fifth year of school, and Webb is a redshirt junior.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News