ADVERTISEMENT

How can we beat Texas Tech?

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
On defense, there is not going to be any mystery as to what Texas Tech is going to do on offense. I believe that the Poke's defense cannot play a bend-but-do-not-bend type of defense, they will eat us alive. This type of defense will allow yardage and keep our defense on the field for a long time. We will have to play assignment defense really well. Bohl has said that they will be trying to move their QB around and make him make poor passes. Putting pressure on their offense will mean that we will have to beat them at a one-on-one at times and blitz some and disguise them well, because if they catch us in a blitz without proper coverage, they will take it to the house.

On offense, we have to, I say it again, we have to mix it up and move the down markers. We have to have both the run game and pass game working well. Whatever happens we have to win the TO battle. With Texas Tech a takeover on downs is a turnover. So if we constantly go 4 and out, it will have to count as a TO. The Pokes feel competent with their run game and while that may be true, we have to gouge them enough with our run so we are not left with a 3rd and long on a regular basis. We will have to score and score often. Bohl's offense has to show if it built to use up the clock as it has been for years now or is it actually built to score?

I want the Pokes to win in the worst way, but then I think of Bohl's offense and my smile leaves me.

Last edited:
Reactions: PokesNews
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News