ADVERTISEMENT

DE Moore puts camps on hold

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
By Tim OHalloran
EdgyTim.com

Chicago (IL) Perspectives senior three star ranked defensive end recruit Dominic Moore (6-foot-7, 275 pounds) was one of the biggest eye opening names this past spring. Moore was also excited to show college coaches his potential this summer but Moore has since decided to shut down his summer camp plans. Get the latest recruiting news on Dominic Moore here.

"I decided to stop my summer camps," Moore said. "I tweaked my knee at a camp and my coaches felt that the best move is to just miss the next few weeks. I need to be ready to go this season so I'm doing what's best for my team."

Moore, who has been able to add offers this spring from Wyoming was hoping to continue to impress college coaches in person this summer.

"I did have a good camp at North Central College and schools like Wyoming and some others had a chance to see me. I went to NIU for a one day camp and I ended up tweaking my knee in that camp. It was disappointing because NIU was really interested in me and I wanted to do well. The NIU coaches said they will still be keeping tabs on me this season along with a lot of other schools."

Moore next move is to go out and have a big season for the Warriors.

"The college coaches all want to see my first few games on video so they can get a better evaluation of me. I'm more than ready to go out and have a big year. My knee is already feeling better and we start our team camp this week. I'm hoping to get a chance to go out and do as much as I can but my coaches also want me to be smart and not push it too hard."

So which schools have remained in touch with Moore this summer.

"Besides Wyoming I've also been in touch with NIU, Iowa State along with Northern Iowa and a few other schools."

Moore is also excited for his upcoming senior season.

"I know we are going to have a good season. I'll be playing mainly on the defensive line and I'm also a backup on the offensive line."

Dominic Moore has a scholarship offer from Wyoming.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/de-moore-puts-camps-on-hold-1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News