ADVERTISEMENT

Daniels Likes Multi-Sport Possibilities

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Chicago area multi-sport athlete Dominee Daniels says his goal is to play two sports in college. He is both a successful football player and wrestler for De La Salle High School and happens to be cousins with Cowboy 2019 defensive line prospect Kenny Givens.

Daniels plays on defense for the Meteors in the secondary strong safety position and outside linebacker. He wrestles in the higher weight classifications during the winter months following the gridiron season.

Daniels is a 5-foot-10 and 190 pound prospect that is looking for his recruitment to pickup this fall. He has talked with Western Illinois and Northern Illinois, and looks to make inroads with the Cowboys through Givens' contacts.

"I've had a couple of colleges contact me. The schools want to see how I look during my senior season," said Daniels. "My contact with wrestling has been from smaller schools. Yes, and doing wrestling and football would be the ideal situation."

The Chicago product said he knows about the University of Wyoming through his cousins interest and him following the recent national news on the Pokes.

"I follow college wrestling and I know about Bryce Meredith and their (UW) wrestling program," said Daniels. "I also remember their quarterback (Josh Allen) and he was drafted (by the Buffalo Bills), so I'm familiar with him and the team."

Daniels says he is a well rounded player and doesn't see one strength outweighing another positive. He added he grew up rooting for the Chicago Bears and their all-pro linebacker Brian Urlacher, a former Mountain West star for New Mexico.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/daniels-likes-multi-sport-possibilities

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News