ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Area DE Kenny Givens Talks Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Chicago area defensive end prospect Kenny Givens says Wyoming tops his list at this point in his recruitment process. He added he likes what he is hearing from the UW staff led by his lead contact in assistant coach Jake Dickert.

Givens is a good looking 2019 prospect with the current size to play in college football today at 6-foot-4 and 255 pounds. He has offers from Wyoming, South Dakota, Kentucky, and New Mexico.

GoWyoGo.com caught up with Givens this afternoon while he was ordering food from a Popeyes drive up and just finished working a summer camp counseling young kids at the local youth group.

"I like working with young kids and counseling young kids," Givens said. "Besides that, I'm really focusing on football and keeping on top of my recruiting possibilities."

Givens is a top priority prospect for Coach Craig Bohl's staff, as a defensive end in the mold of current Poke redshirt-freshman Victor Jones. He's athletic, possesses good size, and plays with a high motor.

"Coach Dickert said, they've looked at heavy film on me and they like the way I move," Givens said. "They like my energy on the field. I keep moving when the play looks done and I never stop."

The Hubbard High School product hasn't visited Wyoming to-date, though plans to travel to Laramie this fall for an official visit.

"My mom wants to visit this fall with me, where she financially can afford to also come with me on the visit to Wyoming," said Givens. "We are looking at a fall official visit.

"I like the atmosphere of Wyoming, the people, the family attitude, no individual attitude within the team and the coaches feel I can really help their defense."

Givens has the Wyoming, New Mexico, South Dakota, and Kentucky offers already on the table, while Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Iowa State, and Missouri are some of the schools showing interest.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/chicago-area-de-kenny-givens-talks-wyoming

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News