ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Sheridan's Blayne Baker Commits Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The University of Wyoming has offered its first scholarship of the year to an in-state prospects as Blayne Baker was offered by the Wyoming coaching staff on April 5th. The 6-foot-5, 260-pound offensive tackle from Sheridan (Wyo.) said it was an offer that surprised and thrilled him.

“They offered me on April 5th and I was taken back, and very, very happy,” Baker said. “I’ve been a Cowboy fan since I grew up in the state and my dad played football there for one year when he was in college.”

Wyoming and now Montana State have both offered him scholarships. He will attend both camps this summer, as well as a Big Man Camp at Rocky Mountain College.

Recently, Baker was in Laramie to check out a spring practice as well as meet with the coaches and he said he left the visit thinking he could collect a scholarship offer if he did well at the camp. That was one reason for the surprise when Wyoming offered on Tuesday.

“The new addition to their facilities is awesome and the coaches are great,” Baker said of the visit.

At this point Baker said he does not have any favorites and is still keeping his options open. He is looking for a nice campus with a good business school and a program that is closer to home.

“I feel like I lead my team to the best of my ability as well as protect my quarterback and running back,” Baker said. “I’m looking for a program that is successful with coaches that are looking out for my well being and will push me to be the best football player I can be.”

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/sheridan-standout-receives-wyoming-scholarship-offer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News