ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Canyon City (Tex.) QB Williams Commits UW

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming received an important commitment from Rivals.com 3-star quarterback prospect Levi Williams on Sunday. The Canyon Lake (Tex.) product had originally signed with the University of Houston and was released from his LOI when the UH administration made a head coaching change from Major Applewhite to Dana Holgorsen.

Williams received offers from Wyoming and Houston, and high interest from TCU, Minnesota, Baylor, and UT-San Antonio. He had originally committed with the Cougars all the way back in February 2018 and reopened his recruiting on Jan. 10th.

Williams visited Laramie on the weekend of Jan. 18th and came away satisfied with the benefits he sees playing for the Cowboys in the future.

"The overall picture of the coaching staff, facilities, and the fans supporting the football team stood out," said Williams. "The scenery was impressive on the trip, while the coaching staff is really what sold the program to me. Love the coaching staff. Coach Bohl was interesting to me. He is a guy of high character and I connected as well with the other coaches through the recruiting."

The Smithson Valley High School product fits the pro style offense with his 6-foot-4 and 200 pound frame and athleticism needed in the Cowboys offensive scheme from a quarterback.

"What I really love about this sport is the process to get there. I love to spend hours studying film and coverages on opponents I may face." Williams said. "Also love working out to get faster, stronger, and get even more prepared for my next opponent because when game time comes. I will be well prepared and won’t flinch."

Williams is a key pickup for Bohl's recruiting staff with the late signing period approaching on Feb. 6th. Wyoming was looking for a quarterback to fill out its quota for the position in the 2019 signing class.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/canyon-lake-tex-quarterback-levi-williams-commits-to-uw

jzttle8kdztlsmd4dewj

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News