ADVERTISEMENT

Bairstow and Shulga from Utah State both transfer to...

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
Just a few basketball thoughts. With the addition of Cam Manyawu I feel that Wyoming has a roster that they can go to war with this coming fall. I like the fact that Linder did bring in some experienced guards, but the freshmen better be ready to play because many of these guys are one and done. All of the guards appear to be scorers, and some of them have impressive 3 point range percentages. I am really curious about Walters, and seeing how he plays, I get the impression that he is going to give it his all as this will be a great chance to be seen on a bigger stage. I am hoping and expecting some that Manyawu will be able to come in and play some tough defense this year and maybe we will have a shot blocker again!

Bairstow and Shulga from Utah State both transfer to VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University), which is a school located in the downtown area of Richmond, Virginia. Shulga is from the Ukraine and Bairstow is from Australia, and it appears that they came along in package deal. I am somewhat surprised by their choice, they go from a suburban school in Utah to a metropolitan school on the east coast. I briefly looked at the other schools in the MWC tonight and looked at who they have recruited. DuSell from what I have been reading did himself no favors as his head coach is on shaky ground in Fresno. The Clifford kid from Colorado Springs who went to CU and now CSU is rated a 4 star recruit. I guess I am not as impressed as some others with this kid. I think that CSU got some solid players, but I like our roster better than theirs. I would rate Nigle Cook very much similar to the Clifford kid despite the star rating difference. I would argue that Cook played in a much more difficult league than Clifford. We all know though, you can throw everything out the window when it comes to Wyoming vs CSU. UNLV and New Mexico had their typical turnovers. Nevada lost Baker and a couple of other guys, so they lost a lot. Boise State looks like they reloaded pretty well. The forward from Air Force went to Clemson, that was a big blow to them. San Diego State was a little difficult to track down, they don't appear to be in with a lot of transfers, but are recruiting high school and they have a lot talent in that part of the country to choose from.

I am thinking that Rice will have Boise State back up there, San Diego State will be tough, Wyoming and CSU should be better. On the other end, Nevada I feel will have a hard time without Baker. SJSU and Fresno State, won't be pushovers, but they don't appear to have really loaded up. UNLV will probably be about the same, and Pitino at New Mexico will have the guys playing hard in the Pit, but we played well against them this last season, which was interesting. Air Force will be Air Force, they are hard to judge but they did lose a lot on a young team. Another competitive season in the MWC and Wyoming should be part of it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News