ADVERTISEMENT

10 Thoughs on Saturday's Games

wyopoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2002
1. Losing to CSU is a low point for me emotionally. That's a rivalry game. That's one where we can make a statement in Colorado, which would help our recruiting down there. We dominated Colorado recruiting when Marty English was on staff, but Christensen wasn't interested in that area and now Coach Bohl is having to try and regain a foothold in that area.
2. I like the early offensive plan against Utah State and wish we had used that in CSU game. The Rams defense was focused on Hill and only Hill. Don't know if we could have exploited the Rams with a short passing game but will always wonder.
3. Falling behind 23-0 on first four possessions of game takes the steam out of the team and the fans. CSU was a part of the later failure, but the Rams scored only on a field goal in second half. And the key offensive players were on the field until the game ending four possession series the Rams ran. Bobo wasn't backing off. The Rams just played like they have all season, getting in their own way, but the Cowboys, unfortunately, didn't take advantage.
4. On behalf of the defense, when the other team has the ball for 21 minutes and 1 second out of 30 minutes in the first half, the defense isn't gettingmuch help from its own dffense.
5. I like Priester's fire. Yes, he was called for a penalty, but as usual the response usually gets the penalty. Face it, the highly acclaimed CSU receiver, who had a decided size advantage on Priester, that he hit Priester in the fan and Priester retaliated. I do think the coach was wise to take Priester out of that time, allow him to calm down a bit, and then put him back in the game.
6. The Cowboys are young and inexperience. The hope I take from this game is that they now have experienced the frustrations of failing to kick butt and bring the Boot Home. I hope they let that ferment for the next year and find that extra level of energy the next time that see the Exorcist Vomit and Gold colors.
7. No problem watching the basketball game. It's an exhibition game and it is a chance to see how the new players handle playing against people they don't know. Shyatt remained true to his game plan and that meant not pushing Adams. They know what he is capable of.
8. Dalton is someone who has created some excitement in practices. He needs to take a deep breath and play the game the way he can play it. He looked tentative.
9. Washington benefited from his red-shirt year. Loved his quickness and aggressiveness. I think it could be fun to watch Washington and Adams on the court at the same time. They would generate some energy.
10. Gorski also showed growth from a year ago. He has a nice touch. Defenders will have to come out on him. Looking foward to watching this team grow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News