ADVERTISEMENT

Why are most posters only wanting to get rid of AE and not Burman with him?

twistedpoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Burman is the one who hired Schroyer, the guy who started this big downfall in men's basketball. He then brought in Shyatt, who got the mess straightened out after coming on and getting help with bringing up the players grades. They hired a scholastic person to watch over the players grades and had a tutorial staff assist. And it worked.

Shyatt helped start bringing the program back, but begged off after a very down year. Adam's was basically our only player that year that had any talent. Shyatt then handed a depleted and questionable team over to AE a year after going to the NCAA tournament. . We then watched a team the next few years with questionable coaching and talent. We did manage two 20 plus win seasons and a CBI title. And we all know how these last two years went. We have had two 20 loss seasons under AE after two 20 win seasons.

What I don't get is how Burman gets a pass in all of this. He couldn't wait to get rid of McClain. He rehires Shyatt, who sued us in court after he broke his contract. Handshake or not. Shyatt brings the program back to respectability, taking us to 1 NCAA tourney, and I do believe three CBA tourneys or the like of. Not ever getting us to at least an NIT tourney. Shyatt seems like a solid hire, but no one to take the program to where we have been before.

And then Burman hires a guy who might have made Schroyer look decent as a coach. Under Shyatt's recommendation, Burman hires Allen Edward's. The same guy who gave us a much vaunted CBI title, which most teams have used to vault themselves into the NIT and NCAA tourney. We used it to have back to back 20 win losses. Again, how does Burman escape any blame and also get to pick our next basketball coach without questions? Is our University so clueless that we can afford to keep on letting Burman dig a bigger hole for us?

I don't think Burmans track record in revenue sports is good enough to do that. How deep are Burmans contacts that make us think he can pull this hire off? And if he doesn't pull it off and we are back here in five short years or less? Can we afford to be that school that is looked down on and pitied? Talked about kicking us out of the conference because we bring nothing to the table? Honestly, why does Burman deserve to make this pick that affects so many of us. He has our Olympic sports on track, that is cool. But as far as revenue sports goes I don't remember the last time we were even in the top 25, except for one week under Shyatt before his star got caught putting the boots to a guy in a bar fight. Other than that, we haven't even gotten votes in football or basketball other than a few times early in the season. We need new direction, and I don't feel Burman is it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News