ADVERTISEMENT

Three Star Prospect Visiting Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The Wyoming football coaching staff hopes that the last visit is the best visit of Donzale Roddie recruitment. The 5-foot-11, 170-pound defensive back from Paramount (Calif.) will be in Laramie this weekend after visiting Utah, Colorado, and Boise State previously.

The three-star recruit who, according to an April 2014 story in the Salt Lake Tribune was a one-time commit to Utah, said he is looking forward to seeing how the University of Wyoming's football program operates and is especially interested in seeing how he fits in with the Cowboy players.

"I am looking forward to meeting with the players the most," Roddie said. "These are the guys that I will be playing with if I do commit, so I want to get to know them. I also want to see the facilities and just how everything works there. How the coaches interact with the players and everything."

According to MaxPreps, Roddie caught 30 passes for 514 yards and seven touchdowns last season. Defensively, he managed 56 tackles, three interceptions and six passes defended. He said some schools are asking him to play wideout at the next level, but Wyoming is seeking him as a safety.

"It doesn't matter to me which side of the ball I play on," Roddie said. "I just want to get on the field as soon as possible. As a defensive back I think I can cover well and play man defense."

Roddie said his recruiting contact at Wyoming has been cornerbacks coach John Richardson, who he has enjoyed getting to know.

"I like Coach a lot," Roddie said. "I've been talking to him and I think he is going to come out and visit me soon as well. He said the cost of living in Wyoming is inexpensive and they want to use me as a safety, as well as a kick returner and punt returner."

Roddie said his plan is to commit on National Signing Day and he has the caps ready for the schools he is deciding among.

Donzale Roddie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News