ADVERTISEMENT

The WR room is worse than the RB room....

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
I would argue that the WR room at UW is in worse shape than the RB room. At least the freshmen RB's have a good OL to run behind.

But the WR's:

Our leading WR (which isn't saying much), Cobbs - 407 yards, just went into the Transfer Portal. Behind him is maybe the worst WR room in America.

Wyatt Wieland - 21 catches for 289 yards.
Will Pelissier - 8 catches for 101 yards.
Ryan Marquez - 1 catch for 6 yards.
Alex Brown - 3 for 41 yards.

Wieland, Pelissier & Marquez are all walk-ons! I am not even sure if Pelissier or Brown are going to be able to play in the bowl game, I know that both have been injured. No other WR on the roster has any stats, and most of these non-stat guys are the scholarship players!

Jaylen Sargent - No stats
Caleb Merritt - No Stats
Tyrese Grant - No Stats
Chase Locke - No Stats
Gunner Gentry - No Stats (injured)
Evan Hiremath - No Stats
Charlie Coenen - No Stats

The ONLY real threat we have is at TE, with Treyton Welch - 17 catches for 217 yards.

It sure does appear that Bohl thinks of the WR position as being little more than another set of blockers for the RB's and if a WR wants to see the field he has to be first and foremost a blocker, catching the ball actually is secondary.....at best! I don't see how anyone can actually say that Bohl values the pass game when he obviously values a WR's blocking abilities above the ability to get open and catch the ball. As long as Bohl views the WR position like this nothing will change with the WR position at UW.

I guess not one of those 6 younger players could have helped UW this year? If Wieland is our leading WR we are in trouble. Wieland does not have the speed to get separation. This is truly a sad situation imo.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News