ADVERTISEMENT

Stille looking forward to UW Junior Day

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The Wyoming football team will host a number of Juniors this weekend, showing them the campus, as well as the football facilities in hopes of garnering early interest in the program from area prospects.

Among those who has confirmed their plans to be in Laramie this weekend is Ben Stille, a 6-foot-4, 225-pound tight end/defensive end from Ashland-Greenwood High School in Nebraska. Stille, who is just weeks from winning the Nebraska Class B state wrestling title at 220 pounds, said he had 63 tackles last season, 10 sacks, and 25 quarterback hurries. Those numbers have him talking to Nebraska, Wyoming, Northwest Missouri State, Augustana, and Drake.

"I think my strength is quickness and speed off the ball," Stille said. "I can do pass rush and defend the run, but probably pass rushing is what I am better at."

Stille said he will attend Junior Days at South Dakota State, and Nebraska later this month, but this weekend, he will be in Laramie.

"(Wyoming) contacted me a couple weeks ago and they are pretty interested," he said. "They want to get me on-campus so I can talk to them and meet them in-person. They seem to like my film. I'll be coming up this weekend. I hope to see the stadium, the locker room and the overall facilities - the weight room and everything.

"It would be good to go to campus and get a feel for it, see the classrooms and the dorms."

Stille said he has been in Wyoming, but not for several years and is interested in getting to know more about the community and how they support their Cowboys. He said he plans to major in architectural engineering. While it is still early in the process, he said Nebraska and Wyoming are the early favorites for his college choice.

Ben Stille

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News