ADVERTISEMENT

Shyatt's staff offered Alpha Diallo

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The Wyoming basketball team's NCAA basketball tournament run was enjoyed by the Brown and Gold fanbase, and noted by high school basketball recruits, including Denver swingman Alpha Diallo.

"I thought it was pretty great for them to make the tournament," said Diallo. "That was a great step for them. I even texted the coaches congratulations on everything. They had a heck of a season."

Diallo's interest in Wyoming's run is important given the Wyoming coaching staff's interest in the 6-foot-6, 193-pounder from Abraham Lincoln High School. The Cowboys are one of two scholarship offers for Diallo - the other is from Manhattan.

In addition to the scholarship offers, Diallo is also hearing from Nevada, Arizona State, Colorado, Indiana, Oregon State, and Northern Colorado despite the fact a transfer to Lincoln denied Diallo the chance to play last year. That means this summer's AAU season with the Colorado Hawks is even more important than most.

"It makes this summer very important," he said. "I want coaches to see versatility, skill and my drive to win and my ability to compete. It would be a successful season if I pick up a couple more offers, see contact from a couple more coaches and continue to improve in my game going into the senior year."

Diallo said he grew up idolizing Joe Johnson and patterns his game after the NBA star. He said he considers himself as a long, lengthy, and athletic perimeter game who can hit the three as well as the mid-range shot.

Diallo said he hasn't got any favorites, but has liked what he sees in Laramie.

"Wyoming has offered," Diallo said. "They acted like they really want me. I love the coaches over there. I like the unity of the team. There are a couple Colorado guys on the team, that is nice. I thought it was pretty great for them to make the tournament. That was a great step for them. I even texted the coaches congratulations on everything. They had a heck of a season."

Alpha Diallo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News