ADVERTISEMENT

Sawvel's comments after the game...

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
There were a number of comments but one in particular stuck out to me, and that was how we need to stick with Svoboda because he gives us the best chance of winning. If Svoboda gives us the best chance of winning then Anderson must really stink because Svoboda is by far one of the absolute worst QBs in America. I am utterly blown away as to how bad this Wyoming offense is. It was obvious during the early parts of the game Wyoming was trying to stay away from the passing game. If you have confidence in your QB you don't stay away from the passing game, but that was what happened. Wyoming was forced into attempting more passes as the game went along because our run game was pathetic.

The first Wyoming TD was earned by the offense, but the second was our first team offense scoring against their 2nd and 3rd team defense! One of their DB's had his hands on two different passes by Svoboda during that drive and couldn't hold onto them! Also BYU with their reserves in made some critical penalties. If BYU really wanted to keep Wyoming from scoring on them later in the game all they would of had to do was leave their 1st team defense in. The BYU head coach must have taken pity on Wyoming, but it was obvious early on that BYU didn't fear Wyoming's offense because they went for a 4th down a few times.

I hated this game this night as there were BYU fans right behind me yelling and really enjoying the game, and the only thing I could do was take it. They weren't rude or nasty, but they certainly enjoyed BYU's dominance over us!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.