ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Louis Standout RB Holds Wyoming Offer

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Donovan Marshall’s recruitment has gone well early and has potential to see even more large school offers soon. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound running back from Lutheran High School North in Saint Louis has a laundry list of scholarship offers after running for 1,476 yards and 17 touchdowns.

Among the early offers was one from Wyoming where Marshall said he has been in touch with new assistant coach Jake Dickert.

“I know a lot about Brian Hill and what he was able to accomplish at Wyoming,” Marshall said. “I was pretty excited when Wyoming offered knowing how successful the head coach has been and the talent that they already have over there. I've talked a lot to Coach Dickert about Wyoming and where I would fit if I were to go there.”

If Wyoming is going to pry Marshall from Saint Louis they will have to beat out a number of other schools who have offered scholarships including: South Dakota, Iowa State, Dartmouth, New Mexico, Southeast Missouri, Minnesota, Syracuse, Yale, Army, Navy, Arkansas State, Ball State, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, and Northern Illinois. He is also talking to Kentucky, Missouri, Miami (Ohio), Iowa, Western Kentucky and Indiana.

“What makes me standout from other running backs in my class is my size, speed, and quickness with the ball," Marshall said. "I have the ability to make defenders miss in close spaces and the speed to take it the distance.”

Marshall said he is looking for a chance to play early and a coaching staff he can trust. He said a competitive conference is also important to him. Marshall has no favorites and will be visiting Missouri and Minnesota soon.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/saint-louis-standout-running-back-holds-wyoming-offer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News