ADVERTISEMENT

Papa Craig, Tommy B and Nepotism

TheScore...OhTheScore

Trail Boss
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2015
Wyoming
After reading the posts following the shite show that was Saturday night, its more apparent than ever that the fan base is pretty ignorant to the details of the Wyoming athletic program. I found it hilarious how many Craig Bohl defenders ran to his defense, "bet you miss Craig Bohl, you haters". Uhhh...dude. Craig Bohls hand picked replacement is the coach. Junior is the defensive coordinator. The old Bald coach was on the sidelines for crying out loud.

The program is where it is because Burman has been lazy and frankly, incompetent. Nepotism equals lazy in my opinion. Saturday is what nepotism gets you. Friends and family run things and not necessarily the most qualified. It happens everywhere and is frankly a really bad idea for a myriad of reasons not all of them exclusively bad to the program, but even for the coach and ad doing the lazy hiring. What happens when Aaron Bohl's shitty defense continues to blow assignments and not tackle? Will Sawvel have to fire him and endanger his friendship with Craig Bohl? That, of course, is the least of our worries but still just another negative consequence. Nepotism is common and mostly just LAZY.

To finish, Burman let this crap happen. I am not as big of a Burman hater as some. I can mention the good hires like Shyatt, Mark Branch and even Craig Bohl. But I can also cite Edwards, Schroyer obviously. And Burman's slow response to NIL is glaring. Its time for a change. Burman needs to move on and Wyoming needs a fresh start. Maybe Sawvel and company can save the season. Maybe it wont be all for nothing and not another Vic Koening disaster but now more than ever, its time for Burman to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.