ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Corner Commits to Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
As comparisons go, Devin Hester and DeSean Jackson aren't bad.

That is what Wyoming's latest commitment, Davion Freeman, seems to hear the most when he takes the field for the Del City High School football team just outside of Oklahoma.

"People who see me play always compare me to Devin Hester, I hear that one a lot, and DeSean Jackson too," Freeman said Wednesday.

Freeman committed to the Wyoming football team Wednesday night after talking to the coaching staff.

"I was having a conversation with the coaching staff and they were very excited for me," Freeman said. "I jumped on the team and the coaches said I will be the profile of the team in the future."

Freeman is a 5-foot-9, 157-pound cornerback with return skills. He comes to Wyoming bypassing scholarship offers from Arkansas State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, and North Texas.

Freeman was in Laramie last week for an official visit and may have committed sooner had his mother not been in the Dominican Republic on vacation.

"She got back last night after I was asleep, so we talked about it today and I told her I wanted to commit," Freeman said. "She said she isn't real excited about me going so far away, but she is really happy for me.

"I just met with the coaches, and the players and I see myself playing at Wyoming."

Davion Freeman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News