ADVERTISEMENT

OK COWBOY FANS--What are thinking vs Arizona State

DouglasPoke

Rancher
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2011
Parker, Colorado
Good feelings: Pokes 27, Arizona State 17.

Back to the future with an old WAC rivalry team. I’m completely in the dark about what to expect, but I do expect a very very good Wyoming defense and they will give the team on the offense some time to get with it. Luckily we are fairly deep on defense as well, but as good as I suspect the defense might be , it also will cause the Wyoming offense to be out there a lot. Keep the mistakes to a minimum and protect the ball. I have no idea how this game is going to play out. However, if we're the kind of team that can contend for an MWC championship this year, we should come out of the heat on Saturday night with a win. I’m feeling really good and confident that our defense will be formidable

I’m eager to see what we have in store for 2024. Can our new #17 be a reasonable version of you know who.? Waylee not playing? Does the HC know how to win and is he capable of being a successful head coach? I believe that this will be a special Wyoming defense and possibly as good as anything that AState will see in the Big 12 this year. Will the new offensive coordinator make a noticeable difference in his first year? Do we finally have a playmaking wide receiver group who can draw double coverage and still make plays downfield along with a solid and special TE with Jon Michael? Playmakers are there and do we get them the chances to move the ball sometimes in chunks.

If most of are concerns and those questions are answered favorably for the Cowboys, we could be on the verge of one of our best seasons in a long time. This game really sets the tone. We win it and we take down BYU as well in a few weeks along the way to a big season. We lose it and then all the unknowns appear and some that we haven't thought about as well. A close loss vs a a blowout--I don't think that a blowout will occur. But if the answers at midnight on Saturday night have us looking at a loss we might face a disappointing year, leading to debates about whether the HC, the OC, Svoboda should be replaced by the otehr QBS and if we don't finish out at least 2-2 in the OOC schedule or certainly the discussions that we yearn for the ground and pound of Coach Bohl will surface on Sunday.

Now is the time for the Pokes to become relevant--lots of re-alignment is on the radar and a couple B12 wins would certainly put us in good favor. Add in a win vs WAZZU! Regardless, it’s time for this team to prove themselves. If we're aiming for a MWC conference championship/New Years bowl season and a season, to remember (kudos to Larry Birleffi) we need to come away with a win. Like many of you here at GWG, my main concern is whether we’ll be able to score points. It would be fantastic to finally see the effective passing game we've been hoping for the past 7 years.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.