ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln (Nebr.) OT Enjoys UW Campus Visit

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The University of Wyoming has made inroads in recruiting the Cornhusker State and Chris Walker personifies that effort. The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Lincoln (Neb.) East High School product holds five scholarship offers, including one from former Nebraska Assistant and current Wyoming Head Coach Craig Bohl.

Walker was named an All-City and All-Conference selection in 2015. He currently holds scholarship offers from Illinois, Ohio, South Dakota, South Dakota State, and Wyoming. He has also been in talks with Iowa and UCLA.

“For me it comes down to I need the scholarship and they need to have a good football program,” Walker said. “But it isn’t even all about the football program either. The school is more important. Football is good and all, but school comes first.”

Walker was in Laramie in June to take part in a Wyoming football came and got the full tour - literally - atop a golf cart with Bohl.

“They (Wyoming) would be one of my top couple choices right now,” Walker said. “They are offering a lot right now with that full ride scholarship. They want me at offensive tackle in that first year. Hopefully we will go on an official visit come football season.”

The State of Wyoming also seems to fit well with Walker who said he is an outdoorsman who prefers to shoot trap, hunt turkey, and work on his truck on the weekends. Not one to shy away from hard work, Walker is also making extra money this summer by working for a directional drilling company.

Walker said he would like to visit all five schools who have offered him a scholarship, having been to South Dakota and South Dakota State as well. He has no timetable set for when he would like to make his decision.

“Right now I have taken the three visits, I have not been to Illinois or Ohio yet,” he said. “So USD, SDSU and Wyoming are up there because I know the campuses and I know what they are about.”

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/lincoln-lineman-enjoys-his-tour-of-the-wyoming-campus

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News