ADVERTISEMENT

LB Austin Thayer-Wyatt visiting Laramie

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
This weekend is the first recruiting visit weekend of the winter for the Wyoming Cowboys and the Pokes have their eye on Sierra Community College (Calif.) prospect, Austin Thayer-Wyatt, who will be in Laramie for his official visit.

Thayer-Wyatt led Sierra with 80 tackles, 9.5 tackles for a loss, one sack and one fumble recovery last season. Thayer-Wyatt averaged 10 tackles per game last season for the 3-8 Sierra Wolverines. Thayer-Wyatt is a Sophomore from Paradise, Calif. who said he has scholarship offers from Wyoming, Fresno St., Georgia St., San Diego St., Hawaii, and New Mexico.

"I'm very tall for my position so that allows me to visualize better," Thayer-Wyatt said when asked what makes him good at his position. "I have good speed and I'm a sure tackler. But, most of all I'm football smart very instinctive on where the balls gonna be."

Thayer-Wyatt said he is looking for a school that can offer a strong environment, a good location, and one which is trending in a positive direction.

"I like their coaching staff at Wyoming," he said. "I like that their trying to build a program. My plan is to have a good time and to keep an open mind and see what Wyoming has to offer."

Austin Thayer Wyatt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News