ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas End Eager to Prove Himself at UW Camp

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Hayden Gillum is early in the recruiting process and is deciding where he wants to visit and campm, as he searches for that elusive first scholarship offers. Among his choices for camping is the University of Wyoming.

“Wyoming is a great school, and there football program is always a competitor as a top team in the Mountain West,” he said. “Coach Scott Fuchs is the coach I have been talking to at Wyoming.”

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound defensive end and linebacker from Plainville High School in Plainville (KS.), accounted for 97 stops last season, four sacks and an interception. He said some coaches are asking him to remain a linebacker, but most are scouting him as a defensive end.

In addition to camping at Wyoming, Gillum expects to camp at Air Force, Northern Iowa, Missouri Western, Kansas, Kansas State and Fort Hayes State. He has already attended Junior Day at Missouri Western.

“I am looking for a school where I can get a great education while also having a family like team,” Gillum said. “I want a team that we can bond together and take on any challenge that comes towards us.

“I have a good eye for finding and attacking the ball carrier, I try and be the most physical player on the field which gives me an advantage if you are being more physical than the guy across from you they won't want to go against you all night every down.”

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/kansas-defensive-end-eager-to-prove-himself-at-wyoming-camp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News