ADVERTISEMENT

I hope that the football players are....

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
being motivated by the UCF experience to utilize the full training facilities that are available at UW to be ready for Mizzou next Aug. 31st. I watched Mizzou's game and frankly wasn't overly impressed.

With one P5 game on the schedule and it being at home this an opportunity for UW. The conference schedule is tough but that is what prepares a team and if we want to impress some bowl people out there we have the overall schedule to do it imo.

Offense:

QB: I don't think that there is a lot of question starting off at the QB position. Sean should have impressed enough to be the man to beat here. I hope that both QB's (Sean and Tyler) have a great spring but at the end of spring ball I would hope that the position would be a position of confidence on the offensive side.

WR: I am hoping that the return of C.J.Johnson at the WR position brings some stability and confidence that the position can become a threat. Position wide upgrade in performance is needed here which gives a window of opportunity to the incoming freshman class, and Alex Brown is at the top of my wish list there.

OL: A lot of good things can happen on the offensive side of the ball if the OL takes off from where they were at the end of last season, and I do feel there is some real talent there. I don't know a great deal about any of the incoming freshmen OL despite the fact that several were heavily recruited. I would be surprised if any of them were to make a big impact their freshman season other than possibly a back-up role at the tackle position.

RB: A lot of young talent here. Who wants it worse, who gets in there and makes training for next season like Nico did last year as their role model??? Who will get more out of the off season work outs, Jevon Bigelow or Xazavian Valladay? It will be interesting to see Theo Dawson finally on the field and eventually the talented Reow Jackson should get out onto the field. Who knows, maybe an important piece to this position will be added in the 2nd recruiting period?

TE: Interesting direction that the coaching staff made here by trying to bring in acouple of players more like Jacob Hollister at the H back that can spread the field. With Josh Harshman coming back there is experience. This will be an interesting position to watch during spring ball as there are open doors for a young player to step up.

Defense:

DL: (Interior) A position of strength imo despite the loss to graduation of Sid and Conner. Victor Jones showed that he is ready to burst on the scene imo, and Javaree Jackson and Ravontae Holt have showed that they are players that don't let big time games scare them. Mario Mora (RFR.) was highly recruited and I hope that he has used his redshirt season to be ready, and Gavin Dunayski is another player that hopefully will step up. Don't forget Cole Godbout who has a motor that never stops. There is talent and experience in the 6 guys here to make this a position of strength as I said. (Outside) We lost a lot in the graduation of Carl and Kevin, but again we have one starter coming back in Garrett Crall, who should only get better. Josiah Hall who is a steady player with a lot of experience is coming back and he should be a rock next season. Solomon Byrd and DeVaughn Brown are two physically impressive young men and it will be their time to step up. Development in depth will be the key in spring ball at the DE position.

LB: I absolutely love watching Logan Wilson play, he embodies everything that a Cowboy tough player should be. His running mate, Cassh Maluia comes back and makes the LB position the best on the team imo. Lots of young talent here, and I am hoping and expecting that Chad Muma makes his big move in spring ball. We need players like Ryan, Charles Hicks and Leevi Lafaele to makes steps to improve in Spring Ball.

DB: (Safety) Several huge shoes to fill here, can Alijah Halliburton be that every down Safety that can step in? My thought is yes, he is ready. Will Esias Gandy be ready to step up from special teams player? This is a position that maybe one of the incoming freshmen will be counted to provide depth at, i.e.: Keonte Glinton and Jerome Cooper in particular....both have the physical stature to do it now but how quickly can either of these guys pick up the mental part of the game will be the determinate. (Cornerback) We are young but VERY talented at the CB position. Keyon Blankenbaker got a huge amount of experience this last season, Tyler Hall will be moved back to the Nickel position I am guessing, which means someone like; Antonio Hull, Rome Weber, Jalani Ellison or Miles Williams will need to step up and become a rock back there. But not to ignore C.J. Coldon, as I feel he is probably the most physically gifted player at the CB position, I just hope that he will be healed and ready to go for Spring Ball.

Special Teams:

Kicker: In very good hands, as Cooper Rothe is a top level player here.

Long Snapper: Also in good hands with Jesse Hooper. A player that you don't hear much about, and that is a good thing, is steady and should only get better.

Punter: Should start this position out with a big "?" mark here. Can Tim Zaleski come back, and will he be improved to make this a position of strength on the team? This is another position that I would hope that Bohl brings someone in the 2nd recruiting period to give some competition in.

Offense: Players that are solid and returning:

Sean Chambers - QB
Rudy Stofer - OT
Alonzo Velasquez - OT
Keegan Cryder - OG
Patrick Arnold - C
Gavin Rush - OG
Logan Harris - OG
Jaylon Watson - FB
Cooper Rothe - K
Jesse Hooper - LS

Players that will need to step it up: