ADVERTISEMENT

Half Measures

PokeWTB

Trail Boss
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2013
Before the start of the season I truly thought that Coach Sawvel was a good HC hire, he’d keep stability in the program and he appeared to have brought in a decent OC with P4 experience. With Aaron Bohl as the DC, we should a team that could match at least last season’s success. What we got was a HC that is in over his head, never having been a HC before, an OC that was let go for a good reason and finally a DC that is only in the position because of his dad. Finally, all of this was approved by the AD. No coaching search to speak of and decided very quickly on a matter of a couple weeks. It’s like “what was the last decade under Bohl for if we’re now back or below where we started?” How in the world was this basically the same team that won 9 games last year?

To me, it has to be the coaching and the way they were selected was a half measure. You can’t do this on the cheap and just assume that the HC who has never been a HC before is going to take over the program and be successful.

However the conference shakes out and if Wyoming is still FBS, face it we’re starting over. No more half measures, you’ll need to pay a HC at least in the $2.5-3 million mark and you need to put a lot of effort to get a coach that likes what Wyoming has to offer and they want to build the program. After 3 games this season, I’ve seen enough to know that Wyoming better go with someone else to start next year.

But I worry that UW will keep doing the half measure approach…

Go Pokes!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.