ADVERTISEMENT

Final Weekend Recap: UW Football Recruiting

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The Wyoming Cowboys have scored another commitment in their 2015 recruiting class. According to a tweet sent by his high school football coach Don Johnson, the Cowboys have received a commitment from wide receiver Justice Murphy.

"Congratulations to Justice Murphy on his commitment to Wyoming," the tweet read.

Murphy is rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, one of five in Wyoming's recruiting class for 2015. According to Rivals, he held offers from Wyoming, Eastern Washington, Idaho, Montana, Oregon State, Utah, and Washington State. Murphy had originally committed to Utah in May of 2014 before choosing to reopen his recruitment on January 18th.

According to his Hudl account, he is 6-foot-1 and runs a 4.5 in the 40-yard dash and a 10.8 in the 100 meters. As a junior he caught 32 passes for 700 yards according to the Oregonian.

Murphy was not the only player in town to talk to the Wyoming coaches about his future. Tavita Faaiu, a 6-foot-3, 225-pound defensive end from San Francisco City College said he enjoyed his visit as well.

"It was awesome, far better than what I expected," Faaiu said about his visit.

Faaiu accounted for 16.5 sacks, and 52 tackles last season and holds scholarship offers from Western Kentucky, Oregon State, and Wyoming. Faaiu was previously an Oregon State commit and also liked what he saw at Western Kentucky. He said he enjoyed his weekend, but has not yet made a decision on his college choice. He said he wasn't sure which schools would be a part of his decision.

"I just told the coaches that I loved the place but I can't make a decision without talking to my parents and my coaches," Faaiu said. "Checking out the facilities and hanging out with the players and the GAs, and snowboarding was awesome."

Prescott (Ariz.) defensive end prospect Skylor Clinton was also in Laramie this weekend. Clinton currently holds scholarship offers from Wyoming and Western Illinois and said he will decide between those two schools in the next week.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Clinton accumulated 1,990 total yards last season as a quarterback and running back and was named First Team All-State in Arizona. He also played outside linebacker. Clinton also said he liked what he saw in Laramie and will now discuss his future with his family and coaches.

"It was good," he said of the visit in a text to GoWyoGo.com. "I haven't committed, I will decide tomorrow."

National Signing Day Wednesday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News