ADVERTISEMENT

Denver Area Pass Rusher Prospect Enjoys UW Visit

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Valor Christian High School in Denver is well known for its ability to move high school athletes to college and if the Wyoming football team has its way, they will do that again in this recruiting class. The Cowboys hosted Will Rodgers, a 6-foot-4, 235-pound defensive end for his official visit.

“I decided to take the visit to Wyoming because they are one of the schools at the top of my list,” Rodgers said. “We did a little bit of everything, snowmobiling, played games, talked to the coaches, went out with the players. It was a blast.”

Rodgers accounted for 11 sacks last year in roughly half a season and claims his strength on the field to be pass rushing. This far he holds scholarship offers from Wyoming, Colorado State, and Montana State. The Wyoming visit was his first official visit. He said Wyoming assistant coach A.J. Cooper is his recruiting contact from Wyoming.

“If I came to Wyoming I would play defensive end and Coach Coop is great at putting guys in positions to succeed,” he said.

Rodgers said he isn’t in any hurry to make a commitment and plans to take his time before making a decision.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/denver-tight-end-has-a-blast-in-laramie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News