ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys recruiting Roy Hyatt

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
With the recruiting season coming to a close in the next month, the Wyoming football team is using its final scholarship offers wisely. One player who has held a Wyoming offer for months says he might be looking to go another direction than Laramie.

Roy Hyatt, a 6-foot-2, 197-pound strong safety from Mead (Wash.) said he was offered a scholarship last year by the Cowboy staff, after attending a summer camp in Laramie. He said the communication from the Wyoming staff has since dwindled and he is likely looking in another direction at this point.

"They offered me back in March," Hyatt said. "They said they liked how versatile I am that I could switch from safety to outside linebacker and cover a receiver on offense.

"I am still talking to them, just not a whole lot," Hyatt said Sunday. "I am leaning towards trying to get an offer from Eastern Washington and Idaho now. I would like to sign in February, but if I still have hopes to get the offer from Idaho or ISU, I would wait longer."

Hyatt said Wyoming is his only scholarship offer, though he is talking to Eastern Washington, Idaho State, and Idaho. Last season as a defensive back he intercepted five passes, and broke up another 10. On offense Hyatt played in the slot and ended the season with 428 yards receiving, and 530 rushing to go along with 16 total touchdowns.

"I am more of a run stopper and not as much in coverage on defense. I am also good at kick returning," he said. "I honestly covering people and getting up and picking and swatting the ball. That is the best feeling ever."

Roy Hyatt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News