ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys Offer Missouri Offensive Tackle Trenton Mooney

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
A strong senior season and a chance at a Missouri State Title has LaMar High School offensive tackle, Trenton Mooney concentrating on his high school season

The First Team All-Stater has a load of scholarship offers, including Wyoming, Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, Army, Missouri State, Pittsburgh State, Northwest Missouri State, North Dakota State, and Coastal Carolina.

"Coaches say they like the way I run, the way I use my legs and get in front of people when I pull," Mooney said.

While Mooney is concentrating on his high school season, he has already visited Illinois State, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State. This week the Wyoming Cowboys through their hat into the ring with an offer of their own.

"They have a really good coach who came from North Dakota State and he won championships there," Mooney said. "Right now Coach (Wyoming Offensive Line Coach Scott) Fuchs says they are trying to bring that tradition to Wyoming, but they are going to win in the future."

Mooney said he doesn't have any favorites and doesn't necessarily have much in the way of criteria for the perfect school. He said only that he wants to win and his parents, who both played sports in college, told him when it is right he will know it.

"My parents both said when you go somewhere you will know if it is the place," Mooney said.

Trenton Mooney

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News