ADVERTISEMENT

California Weber has 4 offers, Including Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Jerome Weber (you can call him Rome) is up to four scholarship offers, including one from the University of Wyoming after being named First Team All-CIF, Division 7 last season.

Weber, who hails from San Bernadino (Calif.) and attends Cajon High School, filled up the stat sheet last season, picking off eight passes, recovering two fumbles and causing another to go with his 46 tackles. Offensively, he accounted for 22 receptions for 180 yards and one kick return for 76 yards.

“I feel that I play both zone and man coverage very well,” Weber said. “I’m very intelligent on the field, I always try to make the smart play for the team. I make sure that the rest of the team has their head in the game and make sure that they trust me to do my job and that I trust that they will do theirs as well.”

Weber holds scholarship offers from Wyoming, Army, Montana State, and San Jose State. He is also hearing from Yale, New Mexico, Utah State, Northwestern and he said there are a few PAC 12 schools who want to evaluate him after his first few games of the upcoming season.

“Mentally I have a couple favorites, but I haven’t said anything publicly about it,” Weber said. “Even with me having favorites, I will still evaluate each and every school that has interest in me equally. I just want to put myself in the best situation possible.

“The most important part that I want In a school/program is for it to be/feel like home,” he continued. “Not only the football team, but also the school and the community. I understand that the NFL is a dream that everybody doesn’t achieve so I want to make sure that my select College is somewhere I can see myself staying for a good amount of time to get my education.”

Weber said he will make his decision after his official visits, and plans on taking his time in the process. Weber said he does plan to visit Laramie and check out the University of Wyoming.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/california-s-weber-up-to-four-offers-including-one-from-wyoming

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News