ADVERTISEMENT

Cain brothers set for UW Junior Days

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Last season the Wyoming Cowboys added their first Cain to its football roster in defensive tackle Conner Cain. This year they hope to add a couple more from the same family as Marshall Cain will each visit Laramie for Junior Day this weekend.

Both brothers go about 6-foot-4, and 240 pounds and play along the offensive and defensive fronts for Heritage High School in Littleton (Colo.). Both were named honorable mention All-League last season.

Payton said they are talking to Montana, South Dakota State, and Western State, in addition to their conversations with Wyoming. He said he has been on a visit with Conner when he went to Laramie to check out Wyoming, but he is looking forward to going to Wyoming with a slightly different perspective this weekend. He said he has also gotten to know many of the Wyoming coaches and feels very comfortable around the program.

"We visited Wyoming when Conner did," Payton said. "I have seen it before, but I would like to see the school and the facilities from a different angle, than just a family member."

Payton said he is interested in checking into the quality of the school. He said he plans to major in journalism, while he expects Marshall to major in something math-related.

"It wouldn't be a problem if I played with my brothers in college, but it isn't something that has me tied to any certain school either," Payton said. "My dream has been to play college football and I will pursue that as long as I can with my brothers or without them at a certain school."

Payton/Marshall Cain

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News