ADVERTISEMENT

Will you watch?

TheScore...OhTheScore

Trail Boss
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2015
Wyoming
Slow around here waiting for Poke football. So I will bring up a topic for the board. I was flipping the channels around and watched about 2 and one half minutes of WNBA All star game. Game was unwatchable but beside the point there is an interesting rule with a 4 point shot. Women could score a 4 pointer if they jacked a shot up from one of two small circles between the three point line and half court. I think it is a bad idea and only encourages even more poor shooting and seems like a desperate plea to get people to tune in to the WNBA. This rule is for the All star game in the WNBA only but would not be even a little surprised if they added it to the regular season as a rule. Do you like the rule? Anyone think it could be added to NBA and eventually NCAA?
And that got me thinking, thanks largely to Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese in the NCAA, Women's college hoops is on the rise. But will we watch any women's hoops long term? I hope the WNBA becomes a better product or even Clark and Reese wont be able to save it. It is just hard to watch and I try with the Cowgirls but still find myself struggling. I am told by Cowgirl fans it is a better brand of basketball than the men's game. Cowgirls have more success than the Cowboys but still its difficult. Is women's hoops on the rise? Will you get season tickets to the Cowgirls? Or will this NCAA surge crash and burn once Clark is lost in the WNBA?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News