ADVERTISEMENT

We need at QB and WR.....

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
My feeling is that we need a QB that actually has a real feel for the position, has the guts and accuracy with his arm. I am not looking for a great runner, because if he is, he will take off as one of his first options and then he becomes a Sean and needs numerous surgeries. We need a real leader with a great arm that is accurate. It seems like Bohl is just as interested in the guys ability to run as his passing. There are a lot of HS QB's that are the best athletes on their teams but not necessarily have all of the skills, touch and feel for the QB position needed to be a top tier FBS QB. It appears that Bohl is willing to "develop" these HS guys into QB's but so far his track record at Wyoming is pretty disappointing except for the one exception.

Bohl HAS TO be willing to play the best real QB on the team and live with his mistakes for awhile. So far Bohl has such an aversion to mistakes that he is willing to lose with an "experienced" QB simply because he might make less mistakes. You MUST have a threat back there at QB, not just the "safe" QB. Something else, our WR room is probably one if not the worse in the MWC. Not to knock Weiland, but if he is one of our top threats at the WR position it tells you how bad the whole room is. Weiland is sure handed but is not a real threat as he does not have the speed to develop space. Throwing to Weiland or any of the other WR's just about always requires to throwing into double or even triple coverage. I have been amazed as to how many times Peasley throws into double coverage. Much of that is simply because we have no WR that can get real separation.

If I were Bohl, I wouldn't put out a help wanted sign like last year, but I would certainly and quietly beat the bushes for another signal caller with a great arm. I would also tell acouple of the QB's that Wyoming is moving on into another direction and that their playing time will be gone. No matter what, the QB position would have to be a totally open competition in the spring, and Bohl has to be willing to change his approach somewhat to the QB position, we need to take more risk there to get a better offensive threat back there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News