ADVERTISEMENT

The Black Hole of Calcutta....

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
Per Cody's site:

"* Wyoming's passing attack has been abysmal at the most critical juncture of the season. Over the last four games, Jayden Clemons and Peasley have combined to complete 31-of-75 passes for 304 yards, a touchdown and eight -- yes, eight -- interceptions. The Cowboys were lucky to finish that stretch 2-2 with numbers like that coming from the most important position. This has to be fixed. It's a topic of discussion every fall on the high plains, but something has to change."

How many times have we heard over the last 9 years statements like this? We are never going to reach the heights everyone wants until the Black Hole of Calcutta (i.e. - the Wyoming QB position) is fixed. How can fans not be frustrated when we have heard this type of comment year after year and yet nothing changes? We had one of the most physically talented young QB's in the nation and all Bohl wanted to do was hold him back. Bohl has constantly stated that the QB position needs to be at the 60% completion level, but we never get there under him! Despite the accolades that the young QB's have come into the program with, I am not convinced that there is a true answer to the problems of the Black Hole of Calcutta in the program now. I am however unfortunately convinced that neither Clemons or Peasley are the answer. They are "nice" QB's, but neither of them are close to the Haener kid that we saw last night or close to the quality of the Hawaii (now SJSU) QB that has chewed us up twice now and not the young QB that is at Boise State now. We will constantly be looking up to other schools in our conference until the QB position is fixed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News