ADVERTISEMENT

SS Stallworth says Wyoming and he have mutual interest

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The University of Wyoming has its eye on California strong safety Keoni Stallworth, a 6-foot-2, 190-pounder. Stallworth said the Wyoming coaching staff has been in regular contact with him and the interest is mutual.

"(Wyoming coaches) tell me they are a young team and very hungry," Stallworth said. "I like how the coaches make me feel comfortable. I talk to Coach Mallory and Coach Hall. They are my top recruiters. I like the direction Coach Bohl is taking the team."

Stallworth said last season he accounted for 75 tackles, one interception and six sacks as a safety for Cosumnes Oaks High. He also played wide receiver and running back on the other side of the ball.

His game film, as well as camps at Fresno, Washington State, Stanford, Nevada, and UCLA have netted him positive feedback, as well as scholarship offers from Wyoming, Air Force, Army, Navy, and UC-Davis. He said he is also hearing from much of the Pac 12, Mountain West and Big Sky Conference.

"I have a high IQ for the game and the combination of my speed, size and athleticism allows me to play multiple positions on both sides of the ball," he said. "My favorite position is safety."

Right now Stallworth said he is still planning his visits and plans to wait until National Signing Day to make his college decision.

"Every school that has come to my school or offered me a scholarship is still an option for me," he said.

"I want to go to a school with great coaches that have the right feel with the players," Stallworth said. "I am high on academics. I have a 4.31 GPA. I want to major in mechanical engineering. Distance from home is a factor too because I want my family to be able to watch me play, but if it is the right school they are still in it."

https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1781600

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News