ADVERTISEMENT

"R E L A X" and observation from the game

WA_POKE

Cowpoke
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2001
From Aaron Rodgers. "RELAX"...
Observations from front row 50 yard line directly behind the Cowboys bench.
1: We are very very well coached. Coached up, not down. Very impressed with the demeanor on the sidelines.
2: We have a lot of very talented young players. They most talent I have seen in a freshman/red shirt freshman class at UW since I went to school there in the early 80's.
3: Brian Hill is the real deal.
4. The game came down to 5 plays. If any of them come out different, who knows?
a: WSU's one handed catch in the endzone with the DB in great coverage. We had great coverage all night. There were very few easy throws and WSU receivers are as good as they get and made a number of excellent difficult catches.
b: Malhardt's drop at the 5 yard line probably cost us 7 and a 21-21 tie at half.
c: Missed Field goal.
d: The Gentry fumble (great hit by WSU safety). Changed field position and led to the field goal.
e: The final interception, great play by the WSU linebacker. Caufman was just a bit late throwing it.
5. Special teams were excellent. (minus the field goal attempt)
6. The cowboys played cowboy tough throughout.
7. The targeting call was terrible. All the WSU fans around agreed it was a poor call.
8. Their were at least 5 holding penalties on the WSU receivers that were not called on the wideout screens. Once again the WSU fans were surprised they were not called (they were obvious). A couple of them were on third down and they got a first down on the play.
9: The o-line struggled a little in the second half, but WSU defense played extremely well and the fullbacks missed a couple blocks that led to losses in the run game.
2a. Did I mention, We have a lot of talented young players that will only get better.
1a. Did I mention, We are very well coached.

It may be another year or two but we are headed for better times. Top of MWC in 2017!
Get on the bandwagon now. It may be a rough water this year but smoother sailing is coming :)

Reactions: Poke'mon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News