ADVERTISEMENT

Pokes Offer Ygnacio Product De'Vaughn Brown

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The 6-foot-3 and 211 pound DeVaughn Brown from Concord (Cali.) shows his presence on the field, while still an under-the-radar player with only one offer to-date from the FBS school in Wyoming.

The 2018 prospect did receive his first offer from the Pokes and visited Laramie on the weekend of December 15th, where the Cowboy coaching staff extended the official scholarship.

Brown received the in-school visit from UW assistant coach A.J. Cooper in late November and then preceded to make his trip to the high plains. He now appears hungry to show his ability at the next level.

Ygnacio High School product hasn't received much recruiting attention, though head coach Craig Bohl's staff goes into trenches of the film room and evaluation to find hidden talent across the country, and was good news for Brown.

"Glad I didn't get early top offers, kept me humble and hungry," said Brown. "I was not trying to go D1, but to D1 to be great."

Brown has played with Deer Valley High School his junior year before moving to Ygnacio for his senior season. He has played both sides of the ball, as a wide receiver, tight end, and outside linebacker.

Brown is likely recruited on the defensive side of the ball by the Cowboys, as a linebacker or defensive end, where he has solid physical frame, hits hard, and runs well at 4.69 in the 40-yard time.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/pokes-offer-ygnacio-product-de-vaughn-brown

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News