ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys Among Offers For Big Wideout Treyton Welch

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming likes tall receivers for their pro style offense and it makes 6-foot-3, 205 pound Treyton Welch of Buffalo (Minn.) an intriguing prospect for the UW recruiting staff. Welch has an offer from the Cowboys, along with 7 others colleges to-date.

Welch offers include the Pokes, North Dakota State, UNI, Western Illinois, Brown, Augustana, and Northern Michigan. He is also hearing from Iowa State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Michigan State and Iowa.

Welch is a good enough athlete to play both wide receiver and safety, and likely looks to be a receiving prospect for the Cowboys with his long frame.

"I thank coach (Brent) Vigen and (Craig) Bohl for the offer. I really value honest coaches, good academics, and a home feeling are the most important factors for me," said Welch. "For now, I am planning to just enjoy my senior year of football and not let it slip by."

The 2019 prospect has made a number of official and unofficial visits over the past several months. He's checked out Minnesota and Iowa to name a few.

Welch caught the eyes of FBS recruiters after earning All-State First Team honors last fall, as a junior for Buffalo High School after catching 55 passes for 936 yards and 11 touchdowns.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/cowboys-among-offers-for-big-wideout-treyton-welch

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News