ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy Football Offers 2018, 2019 Prospects

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming football offered Frontenac (Kan.) 2018 prospect Broc Ginavan earlier this week. The multi-sport athlete has excelled in both football and basketball, in the small rural community in Eastern Kansas with a population at 3,500.

Ginavan received the offer after visiting Wyoming over the weekend. He looks to be a defensive end recruit for the Pokes in college.

The 2018 prospect has registered 121 tackles, 23 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks during his career at Frontenac High School. He shows his athleticism by batting down four passes and blocked a field goal during the same time frame.

Ginavan also plays tight end and has shown the ability in the receiving game with 38 catches for 606 yards and seven touchdowns.

"It's a dream come true to pick up the offer from Wyoming," said Ginavan. "Since I was a kid, I thought about getting a D1 offer."

Under the recruiting radar with his location, the Cowboys are the first to offer Ginavan the FBS scholarship and liked his video enough to extend an offer his direction after the visit to Laramie during Border War weekend versus CSU.

The UW recruiting staff offered a 2019 running back prospect from Detroit in Jaren Mangham. He is playing his junior year of high school football at Cass Tech and was the Pokes first offer for his specific class.

"Glad to be the first 2019 class offered by Wyoming," Mangham said.

A highly recruited prospect has 29 scholarship offers to-date. His combo of the 6-foot-2 and 217 pound frame with 4.5 speed in the 40-yard dash makes him a prototype back in the Cowboys pro style offense, though looks to be tough get with the interest he is getting from major programs. The Cowboys are recruiting him as a running back may help their situation.

“Most are coming after me as a running back or linebacker,” Mangham said. “I can play wide receiver too. Some schools like me at all those positions – it just depends on where the team needs help."

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/wyoming-offers-2018-2019-football-prospects

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News