ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Big Lake (Minn.) DeVonne Harris Commits Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The Cowboys added more athleticism to their defensive line with the commitment of DeVonne Harris, a 6-foot-3 and 220 pound prospect from Big Lake (Minn.). Harris had visited Laramie on Nov. 4th during the UW versus San Jose State game.

The rangy athlete had three offers from Wyoming, Montana State, and South Dakota State, while earlier interest from Navy, Eastern Michigan, and attended the Minnesota and NDSU camps this summer.

Harris played tight end in high school, along with defensive end where he registered 26 catches for 484 yards, 60 tackles, 13 TFL's, and eight sacks. He was a college basketball prospect at Big Lake High School, averaging nine rebounds per game with a big frame.

"Thank you to all teammates coaches and friends who have helped me through this process", said Harris via Twitter. "I am very excited to announce my commitment to further my education and football career at the University of Wyoming."

Harris was on the 2018 Preseason All-Metro Football team announced by Randy Shaver's Prep Sports Extra, a local outfit closely monitoring high school football in the state.

The 2019 prospect was timed at the 4.8 second 40-yard dash and 3.30 GPA in the classroom. He looks to have the capability to be a good edge rusher for the Pokes.

Harris is the second Minnesota area product to commit to Wyoming this week. Minneapolis defensive lineman Latrell Bible gave the Cowboys a verbal earlier in the week.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/big-lake-minn-devonne-harris-commits-wyoming

hy24yymepacpzstlsnfv

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News