ADVERTISEMENT

Big California WR Visits UW this Weekend

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming is losing a pair of tall receivers to graduation this year and their plan to restock the position includes the recruitment of Sherman Oaks (Calif.) wideout Tyler Asemota. The 6-foot-5, 200-pound Asemota hails from Notre Dame Prep and has a scholarship offer list as long as his length.

If Wyoming is to gain Asemota’s commitment they will need to beat out BYU, Hawaii, San Diego State, Oregon State, Montana, Fresno State, San Jose State, and New Mexico. He has visited BYU, San Diego State and will check out Hawaii on January 27th.

This weekend he will visit Laramie. The visit comes on the heels of an in-home visit he received from Coach Craig Bohl on Sunday night.

“Wyoming started recruiting me a while ago and gave me an offer sometime last year,” said Asemota. “We have been talking to them for a long time. Their wide receiver coach came to one of my games last year and the head coach came for an in-home visit yesterday.

“He just explained to me the offer and that he wants me to see the culture on campus. He said he wants me to end up at a place that is right for me. He doesn’t want me to come to a place if it isn’t right for me, so the visit is important.”

Asemota said his impression of the Wyoming coaching staff is they are very welcoming and very straight forward. Asemota has been told by the Wyoming coaches he could battle for early playing time with the right mindset. He added they are very nice people and are quick to say Wyoming isn’t for everyone.

“They say Wyoming is special but it isn’t for everyone and some guys can’t do that, but they are recruiting me because they think Wyoming is a good fit for me,” he added. “I am not going in without any expectations. I just want to see if I am more comfortable with the school and the guys on the team. I want to get a sense for the school, and what is inside the locker room.”

Asemota said he will likely make his college decision after his Hawaii visit on the 27th and at this point has not named a list of favorites. He said it will come down to what school he feels the most comfortable at, where he finds the best business education, as well as where he is on the depth chart.

When not playing football, Asemota also excels in track where he has run a 100 in 10.7 and a 200 meters in 21.5.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/big-california-receiver-says-he-will-visit-laramie-this-weekend

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News